This piece might look like your favorite sportcoat, but if we start talking technical specifications that’s like comparing a chihuahua to a gray wolf. One of them is delicate and isn’t surviving a night out in the rain. The other is a majestic apex predator, the very sight of which curdles the blood of all lesser beings in the wild.
Built with the same technical nylon used in our snowboard gear, the Sportcoat’s body panels are fused together via precision welding. Fusion sounds fancy, but it really insinuates two simple things - 1) no more needle perforations and 2) no need to tape over seams that are riddled with said needle perforations. Rather, we exactingly bind the panels together, creating a lipless seal that will keep you dry no matter how brutal the storm gets. That said, we ended up going all out and taping the fused seals where rainfall (arms and shoulders) is most concentrated anyways. Sorry we care.
If Hollywood casts Idris Elba as the next 007, we’d like to think that he’d have the good sense to wear this. All the time.
- Weight: 14oz
- Water Resistance & Breathability Ratings: 20,000mm / 25,000g
- 100% 3L micro-backed technical nylon from Japan
- Available in Harbor Black
- Ultrasonic welding construction throughout
- Ultrasonic-cut panels backed with taped seams at arms and shoulders
- Longitudinal laser-cut exterior rib panels
- Primary YKK Aquaguard zipper
- Two waterproof zipped exterior chest pockets
- Two exterior waist pockets with laser-cut flap engineering
- Articulated elbow panels
- Articulated wrist cuffs
- Two ventilated eyelets under each armpit
- Double vented back
- Signature interior Isaora card pocket designed with Development Never Stops
- Longest development lead cycle ever for a product by Isaora
- Made in Portugal